Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Starting the reading

This year is almost gone, and I have in mind to start fully productive in January with my Master Thesis at Linköping University for the master program in Computer Science, so I decided to spend the most of this december in reading some interesting references for my master thesis.

First, I have to start catching up with all the theory of Compilers, so I have started reading the first 4 chapters of the book Compilers Principles, Techniques, and Tools

I also have a lot to read from the book Principles of Object Oriented Modeling and simulation with modelica 2.1

One of my supervisors had a video conference with me today to explain me a bit more about the whole project open modelica and to clarify me a bit more about the PARCER that I will build for this project.

The idea is to improve the speed and the error detection in open modelica by replacing the current parcer ANTLR with a integrated parcer built in Modelica language.

Next meeting will be next week or better to say "next year" and I hope to be done with the reading.

My idea is to start the second week of January to design the structure of the parcer and learn the tool I will use to write the compiler parcer.

No comments:

Post a Comment